For us, your privacy is a priority.
We do collect necessary personal information during your ordering process in order to for us to provide a better level of service and understand your dietary restrictions / health condition.
Our relationship with you is our most important asset. We understand that when placing an order with us, you have entrusted us with your private personal contact, dietary, health, and financial information, and we do everything we can to maintain that trust.
1. We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
We do not disclose personal information to any third parties, with the following exceptions:
- A. We disclose your information to our employees and subcontractors who are responsible for preparing your meals, helping process your transactions/orders, and carrying out the meal distribution services.
- B. We may disclose or report personal information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities.
- C. Outside of these exceptions, we will not share your personal information with any third parties unless you have specifically asked us to do so.
2. We do collect personal information in the normal course of business in order to serve you better.
A. Ordering Form: We collect information that you provide to us when you open an account or place an order for one of our services. The information we collect may include name, address, phone number, email address, and information about your dietary preferences / restrictions and health condition.
B. Transaction information: Once you have an account or place an order with us, to better serve you, we collect and maintain personal information about your transactions, including outstanding balances and history, and may include your name or other data in an internal client list that reflects your activities.
C. Transmissions over network: You understand that your information (except for credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks. Please note that YZ Group Inc. does not retain any of our customers’ credit card information.
3. We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
Any vendors or merchants we hire to provide supportive services, such as inventory supplier and credit card merchant services, are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and are required to maintain strict confidentiality.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees and subcontractors who are essential for providing you with the meal delivery services. All employees and subcontractors are trained and/or required to safeguard such information.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information.
4. We continue to evaluate our efforts to protect personal information and make every effort to keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
If you identify any inaccuracy in your personal information, or you need to make a change to that information, please contact us so that we may promptly update our records.
5. We will provide notice of changes in our information-sharing practices.
If, at any time in the future, it is necessary to disclose any of your personal information in a way that is inconsistent with this policy, we will give you advance notice of the proposed change so that you will have the opportunity to opt out of such disclosure.
Your California Privacy Rights
Last Updated: August 1, 2020
This notice to our customers / users who are California residents is provided in accordance with California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Cal. Civ. Code 1798.100, et seq.
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law.
1. You can ask us what personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we may have sold and a list of categories of your personal information that we may have shared with another company for a business purpose.
2. You can ask us to delete your personal information.
3. You can ask that we stop selling your personal information, where applicable.
More information on each of these requests is below.
1. What personal information do you collect about me?
If you make this request, we will return to you (to the extent required by law):
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The categories of any third parties with whom we may share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we may have sold, along with the category of any other company we may have sold it to.
- Any of the categories of personal information that we collect could be included in a sale to other companies. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose or legal purpose.
You can ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months.
2. Delete My Personal Information:
You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same.
In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. Choosing to delete your personal information may impact your ability to use our websites and online features, including closure of your online account, and limit your use of in-store functions that require your personal information.
3. Stop Selling My Personal Information:
As indicated above, we do not share your personal information for money.
We do not disclose personal information to any third parties, with the following exceptions:
- We disclose your information to our employees and subcontractors who are responsible for preparing your meals, helping process your transactions/orders, and carrying out the meal distribution services.
- We may disclose or report personal information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities.
- Outside of these exceptions, we will not share your personal information with any third parties unless you have specifically asked us to do so.
If you are a California resident, you have a right to opt-out of any sale of your personal information. To do so, please contact us at Info@YueZiKitchen.com.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods. Please know, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs which require usage of your personal information to function.
To exercise the California privacy rights described above, please email us at Info@YueZiKitchen.com.
We take the privacy of your personal information seriously and want to ensure that we provide only you or your authorized agent with your personal information.
The CCPA also requires that we verify the identity of each person who makes a request to know what personal information we have about you or to delete the personal information we have about you.
What Personal Information Do I Provide to Verify My Identity?
In order for us to verify your identity, we may ask you to provide your first name, last name, middle initial, email address, phone number, order number and address, to the extent such information is applicable.
How Do You Verify My Identity?
We may verify your identity in a few different ways. When you make your request, you will be asked to answer a few questions about yourself to help us validate your identity. In some instances, we may ask you to provide other documentation to verify your identity.
What If You Can’t Verify My Identity?
If we can’t verify your identity, we will not be able to process your request to know what personal information we have about you or to delete the personal information we have about you. If we are unable to verify your identity with a high degree of certainty, we will only be able to provide a report with category-level information and we may not be able to delete some of your information.
How to Submit a Request Using an Authorized Agent
An authorized agent is a person or business who has authorization to request to know what personal information we have about you, to delete the personal information we have about you, or to opt out of the sale of personal information on behalf of a California resident. Authorized agents use the same process described above to submit requests.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of another person, we require a valid power of attorney and a signed attestation form. If you do not have a valid power of attorney, we require an authorization document and a copy of the consumer’s government-issued photo identification in addition to our attestation form. Our attestation form can be downloaded from the request form.
How Do I Send You My Documentation?
If you submit a request on our website, you will be asked to upload this documentation when you submit your request. If you submit your request over the phone, you will be asked to email your information to Info@YueZiKitchen.com.
Please note, you will have 10 business days to provide all required documentation.
Your California Privacy Rights – Shine the Light
The following rights apply to California residents.
You may ask us for more information about any sharing of your information and whether it affects you by contacting us at our email address: Info@YueZiKitchen.com